COLD FORMED STEEL FRAMING
There are many reasons why cold formed
steel framing has come to the forefront as one of the best and most
feasible alternative building materials for commercial construction.
Steel is a superior construction material because:
- Highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material
- 100% recyclable and considered a green building material
- Contains on the average 67% recycled steel
- Non-combustible does not burn nor contribute fuel to the spread of a fire
- Inorganic will not rot, warp, split, crack or creep
- Dimensionally stable does not expand or contract with moisture content
- Consistent material quality produced in strict accordance with national standards, no regional variations
How does this benefit our customers?
- Substantial discounts on builders risk insurance
- Lighter than other framing materials
- Can be a significant contributor to the LEED certification process
- Easy material selection no need to cull or sort the pile and small punch list
- Saves jobsite time with ease of off-site panelization
- Straight walls and square corners
- Windows and doors open and close as they should
- Less scrap and waste (2% for steel vs. 20% for lumber)
- Price stability price spikes are extremely rare
- Consumer perceives steel as better
Grayhawk has decades of experience using cold formed steel framing in exterior curtain walls, load-bearing walls, floor joists, roof framing and special use interior applications. Our crews can stick-frame work and/or shop assemble framing into prefabricated panels.
Click here for a list of notable projects.